UCC provides world-class medical care, exceptional treatment management and compassionate emotional support to every person affected by cancer.
UCC also provides financial planning and palliative support that the patient and their loved ones would need from time to time.
Since August 2016, UCC provides Online Expert Opinion service for cancer : SAMIKSHA, to make sure, the diagnosis, and the line of cancer treatment for you, is correct, necessary and in the right direction. An opportunity for every cancer patient who would like to get an independent expert opinion to help confirm or clarify the earlier diagnosis or line of treatment.
Universal Cancer Conquest (UCC) is designed for the welfare of cancer stricken people and every effort by each team member is aimed at making the road to recovery hassle-free. UCC strives to add more and more services, infrastructure and newer service to suit the needs of the patient's recovery process. The range of services offered by UCC include the full range of cancer services including Screening, Assessment, Surgery, Chemotherapy, Radiation, Psycho-social, Palliative care, Physiotherapy, Diet & Nutrition, Counseling, Prosthesis, Stoma, Pain Clinic, Nursing aid & Medical Social Work. UCC is about collaborative efforts of a knowledgeable team. A team that continually aggregates the available services in the city or anywhere in the world and guides the patient to get the right treatment.
- Cancer Awareness and Screening : Organise camps to raise awareness and educate people about cancer, need to detect it at an early stage, the where, how, when, why and what questions answered with appropriate guidance. Thereby reduce the stigma associated with the patient, increase positivity and aid the support system for the patient.
- Counseling service : Coping with Cancer, as a patient or as a relative is traumatic and emotionally upheavaling. UCC Care teams are trained to guide and support the patient, family and friends in dealing with the situation. The helpful and needful words and actions helps in creating an environment helpful to the patient to bear with the recovery process.
- Joint Clinic/ Tumour Board : UCC uniquely offers an interprofessional approach to the assessment, treatment, follow up and support of cancer patient. A Tumour Board/Joint Clinic, is formed with specialists from Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, and support staff to evaluate and discuss the cancer treatment. This multidisciplinary team charts a treatment management plan to lead to the best outcome for the patient in the speediest timeframe.
- Physiotherapy & Nutritional Counseling : Nutritious food, Simple exercises are the best way to keep fit and healthy. UCC Support team guides the patient and the family to follow a dietary regimen and activity schedule to support speedier recovery of the patient. The therapy selected is based on the lifestyle and comfort zone of the patient.
- STOMA Clinic : Some of the patients need to be provided an ostomy appliance. UCC team guides the patient in self-care, provides training to family member/s to assist the patient to replace the drainage bag, and sources necessary pouches/bags for the patient.
- Prosthesis Clinic : An outcome of the chemotherapy is loss of hair. In some other cases, parts/organs of the body may be surgically removed as a part of the treatment management. The UCC support team, will assist the patient in the choice, installation, usage and maintanance of the body accessories like wigs, breasts, and other implants. UCC also sources customised accessory/implant for the patient.
- Other Clinics : UCC team works in unison to treat every and any type of cancer and provide the laser-sharp treatment plan to aid faster and safe recovery of the cancer patient. UCC initiates 'cancer' specific treatment routes prescribed in the recovery plan, provides necessary interventions to handle complications arising enroute to recovery. Lymphedema Clinics for breast cancer, Pain clinics for patients undergoing advanced chemotherapy or surgery, as also Neurotherapy and Occupational therapy clinics for the needy patients.
UCC sytems are processes are ISO 9001:2015 compliant
As a recognition of the practices, procedures, protocols established for "Healthcare Services to Cancer Patients", UCC was granted ISO Certification 9001:2015. (certificate no. 16.GGCS.IN.09684). Know more